March 6, 2010

Quick update

Hi, everyone! I just got back from a 5k/3mi run for Stride for Stroke. I'm not much of a runner, but I ran 2 miles and power-walked one, so I'm pretty happy :) I'll update more later.
-----------------------------------------
XOXO, Allison
-------------------------------------------
//EDIT//

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to see Alice in Wonderland. It was amazing! If you don't watch it, you're really missing out.. Unfortunately, I didn't see it in 3-D, but I plan to soon! Anywho, before seeing Alice in Wonderland, my boyfriend and I donated some clothes to Goodwill, and I got these cute wedge shoes for $2.99! I don't think they've ever been worn.. I'll be sure to wear them soon so I can take pictures. :) After Goodwill, we went to one of my favorite places to eat.. Sweet Tomatoes! I. Freaking. Love. Salad. Not only do they have great salad, they have yummy baked treats.. Blueberry muffins, hollaaaa!

Before I go on, here was my outfit of the day for a casual lunch and movie.

Sorry for the awkward pose, I'm never ready...
Top: Forgot the brand.. Got it from Tj Maxx?
Jeans: Silver
Shoes: Minnetonka
Bag that is half my bodysize: Jack Rabbit
Accessories: Bulova watch (I call this my faux Rolex, lol), forever21 cross necklace, Karl Lagerfeld sunnies
Those Karl Lagerfeld sunnies were such a bargain! Reg. price is $150+, but I got them for $30 :)

For those of you who don't know what Sweet Tomatoes is, it's a buffet with a huuuuge salad bar accompanied with at least 5 different kinds of soup, muffins, bread, pasta, fruit, and frozen yogurt! All the things my heart desires :) It is also very vegetarian-friendly!

I love how you can build your own salad.. All the ingredients are fresh and There is a wide variety of salad dressings as well.
This is my boyfriend's salad.. Which is the perfect example of how NOT to make a salad.. Hahahaha

My salad.. "Your salad is neat because you're a girl!"

LOOK AT THIS; GRILLED CHEESE FOCACCIA. I had to stop myself before I ate too many!

After a VERY filling lunch, my boyfriend and I headed towards the movies and got lucky because there was a showing of Alice in Wonderland that was about to start :) It took us a while to decide whether or not to see it in 3-D.. "You have to see it in 3-D, it's Johnny Depp!" - The ticket lady. Hahahaha, but I remember seeing a 3-D movie about sardines (don't ask) and I was getting sick... But then again, it was i-max.. Oh well, I don't regret not seeing Alice in Wonderland in 3-D. I mean, what if I got sick and didn't enjoy the movie as much as I did?! I'll just go back to see it later.. :b

In lieu of Alice in Wonderland, I am in love with the Tom Bins Disney Couture jewelry pieces..


Images via fredflare.com (top) & zappos.com (bottom)
I've always loved the Disney Couture line, but WHY IS IT SO DAMN EXPENSIVE?! The Tea Party necklace is $900. No, you are not reading it incorrectly. Yes, I said $900. I love Tom Binns' jewelry.. It's so eclectic. I remember I was lusting over a floral cuff for the longest time, and I would go look at it everyday.. Anyway, back to the topic, I love the chunky, cluttered, but clean (does that even make sense?! hahaha) look of these two pieces. They'd pair perfectly together. Ahhh, and it's such a nice springtime accessory, especially with the pastel colors. If you want more details, click here for the necklace, and here for the bracelet.

Did you ever obsess over an expensive accessory or item of clothing? If so, what drove you so crazy?

XOXO, ALLISON

2 comments:

I V Y said...

hahaha wooooh!
also,
could you help me with the layout of my blog?
how do you get the title of each post so big and pretty like that? and also how you put pictures in the background?

do you have a website for tips?

thanks

x ivy

Allison said...

Yeah, sure! Back in the xanga days I used to make layouts so I kinda know how to do those html code thingies, lol. You can email me if you have more questions @ ilovesushimorethanyou@gmail.com

I have a question for you.. :b How did you make your blog name move in the window bar?

- Allison

Post a Comment