March 3, 2010

I just got a butt-lift.

Say Whaaaaaat?!?! Yeah, you heard me. I finally worked out today.. And my go-to machine is ALWAYS the elliptical! It does wonders on the butt, and seriously, it gives you a butt-lift! No joke! This machine has wonderful benefits..
Image via Google Images
1. It works your legs. As in all parts of your legs, and if you want to target a specific area, you just have to change the level.. So easy and efficient!
2. Best. Cardio. Ever. Honestly, in my opinion, you work harder than if you were to run on the treadmill. I HATE the treadmill.. More on that later.
3. BOOTY LIFT!!! It firms your butt and lifts it.. I can't put it any simpler; it does wonders for your butt!



The reason I hate the treadmill is because I hate running at a set speed and it doesn't feel as intense as the elliptical. With the elliptical, I always feel so much stronger after an intense 65 minutes.

Today I did "sprints" on the elliptical. Intense. I always, always, always, do level 6 on the elliptical because it's the level which works your entire legs. On a typical day, I usually just pedal really fast on the resistance level 1-3, but today I wanted to try something different, so I did my usual level 6, but instead of keeping the resistance at 1-3, I sprinted on resistance level 3 for about 1-3 minutes and then pedaled moderately on resistance level 6-7 for 2-3 minutes, for a total of 65 minutes. Was that confusing? Hahahaha, it sounded good in my head.. Sorry if that was confusing, I'm watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians. Don't deny how addicting it is! :b

What is your go-to machine when you go to the gym?
--------------------------------------------------

Anyone who knows me knows I adore Alexa Chung. That woman has the best shoes, coats, bags, jewelry, EVER! She is the whole package of street chic, and she always pulls off award/red carpet looks well, but still retaining that grunge essence. And I notice that she wears a lot of booties. I have a freaking fetish for booties.. When I lust over some shoes, my mom is always saying, booties again?! Yes.. bootie girl forever :)
Anywho, Alexa Chung's style is aaaaahhhmazing. I saw a picture of her on the red carpet wearing this beautiful pink Luella dress. I loved everything about that look, and I made my prom dress based on the look, hehehe. Pictures later, perhaps.


This is one of my favorite looks from Alexa. That Mulberry bag is to die for! It was inspired by her! It's the Mulberry 'Alexa' bag. Totally want one...

(Above images were saved by me a while back, so I'm not sure where they came from; most likely, TFS)
I remember watching It's On With Alexa Chung and saw her wearing these beautiful Chanel mary janes. For all you frugalistas (like myself!) out there, I reccomend these Nine West double strap mary janes.

Image via ebay.com
Unfortunately, they are past season, so they're hard to find.. But here's the link! There is another easier-to-find pair that is similar, but there is only one strap and the heel looks lower. Here's the link for that.

My picks for the day are these Topshop tapered ruched trousers and these Bebe snake peep toe pumps.


Image via topshop.com
These are great because I HATE the harem pants.. It looks like you have pants full of shit on, but these are a great alternative for anyone who likes the non-diaper look. These babies are $80, yikes! But these can definitely be a staple item in your wardrobe, so I think it's worth the investment.. And the sizes are limited now! So you should hurry! Click here for these amazing trousers.

Image via bebe.com
The structure of this heel is unique and I like the combination of this natural snakeskin color with the wooden heels. I definitely believe these are only worth the splurge if you really want to treat yourself. Other than that, I'd say wait 'till it goes on sale! It is really tempting though.. If you need these now, click here.

I'm off to bed now! Starting tomorrow I'm going to try to start working out in the morning because after all my classes I just want to lay in bed and watch TV, lol. Good night, everyone!

XOXO, Allison.

0 comments:

Post a Comment